As our Chief Finance Officer is going on maternal leave, we are looking for an experienced international accountant.
The accounting and finance department centralizes administrative, accounting/finance services for the entire GB&Smith group. Our branches are based in the USA, Canada, in the UK and in France.
There is a variety of functions depending each branch and on its location:
- General accounting: deal with general and sub ledger accounting in accordance with fiscal ,and accounting norms, perform audits, inventories, communicate accounting documents to local firms, check accounting records, coordinate quarterly and annual closings in conjunction with firms and public accountants.
- Sub ledger accounting: check and pay expense bills, ensure inter-branch invoice management and arrangements.
- Analytical accounting: check that the adequate codifications are use at account entry recording time.
- Balance monitoring: ensure bank reconciliation, establish daily relations with banks,
optimize payments, edit balance and finance projections.
- Knowledge of accounting and tax systems
- Comfortable with office software suites, knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks & excellent knowledge of Excel).
- Good command of English (for communication with local accounting firms).
- Good understanding of multicurrency processes and of international processes.
- Rigor, able to work independently, analytical skills.
Job access conditions
- Master’s degree or equivalent with 3 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 5 years
- Experience with remote international accounting from France or with the management of
the accounting of companies based outside France.
- Experience with accounting (including general and sub ledger accounting).
- Experience with financial report and balance sheet editing would be a plus
International experience would be a plus for this position.
– Temporary (6-month) contract
– Full time
– Rue Nationale, 59800 LILLE, France