What’s New in 360Suite in 2020
Better Than Ever
Did you know that 360Suite releases new versions of its popular web platform every quarter? Our developers work hard to pack 360Suite updates with improvements and new features in response to customer feedback and changing market conditions.
Before we dive into the details, here’s a quick reminder. The original version of 360Suite (v1) is now known as the “360Suite Legacy,” and it includes 360View, 360Plus, 360Bind, 360Cast, and 360Vers. The newer version of 360Suite (v2) is called the “Web Platform” and it hosts 360View, 360Live, 360Plus, 360Vers, 360Univ, 360Bind, and as of this release 360Cast. 360Eyes is a separate standalone product that’s not included in either the 360Suite Legacy or Web Platform.
Upgrading is quick and easy! Just visit our support site, download the latest install file, and run the executable (.exe), which will detect that you have the software and need the update. In the case of 360Eyes, you’ll also need to import the .lcmbiar file for the latest jobs and Universes. If you haven’t already moved from the legacy app to the web platform, now’s the time to do so. Side-by-side installations take just a little longer because they require a fresh installation and an extra step to manually recreate tasks in v2.
Version 2020.04 brings a host of new features including bug fixes, enhancements and the first release of 360Cast in the Web Platform!
360Eyes for SAP Data Services
A couple of enhancements have been added to our newest solution, 360Eyes for SAP Data Services:
- Handle source and target Flat Files, as source, target, and inside a dataflow.
- New Impact Analysis reports for documenting impact analysis by SAP Data Services, by Universe, and by WebI documents. These link 360Eyes for SAP Data Services and 360Eyes universe for those who have 360Eyes already installed.
Several updates have been made to our 360Eyes solution including the use of the Embedded PostgreSQL installer and improved log files. Discover the full details below:
- Embedded PostgreSQL installer is directly usable for customers who do not have easy access to a database for the installation. This is only available for Windows 64-bit environments.
- Improved log files based on classic industry logging solutions.
360 Web Platform Updates
The Web Platform has various different enhancements, but the biggest is the muchly awaited release of our module, 360Cast, in our Web Platform application. Discover the full details below:
- Support for multiple connections to the same CMS.
- Support for Teradata for SQL sources for 360Cast.
- Shortcut to the Tomcat configuration is available in the Windows installation folder.
There is now support for promoting BI variants in the 360Plus module.
The first release of the 360Cast module in the Web Platform application is now available:
- Excel, CSV, SQL and In App Destination Lists available.
- Available destination types: Default, FTP, SFTP, File system, Inbox, Email, SharePoint, SharePointOnline.
- Available formats: BOBJ, CSV, CSVR, HTML, MHTML, PDF, TXT, TXTR, XML.
- Scheduled Cast Task.
A completely new feature in this module is the ability to merge your Excel documents.
Version 2020.03 brings a host of new features including performance improvements for 360Eyes, enhancements to 360Bind in our Web Platform, and more importantly compatibility of our SAP-certified solutions with the newly released SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 platform.
Web Platform Updates
Our Web Platform has had significant updates in this release, in particular, fixing bug issues and more importantly exciting new enhancements to 360Bind. Discover more details below:
- Compatibility with SAP BI 4.3
- Additional features:
- Excel report to provide detailed documentation regression differences (WebI only)
- Page formats A0-A5 for paginated XML
- Using Excel to populate prompts in bulk
Discover 360Bind below and we’ll walk you through how our solution works:
Several updates have also been carried out to 360Eyes to improve the performance of our solution. Discover all the details below:
- Technical improvements made to the software
- Compatibility with SAP BI 4.3
- Additional database support:
- Mysql 8
- PostgreSQL 10, 11, 12
- Oracle 18 and 19
- SQL Server 2014, 2017 and 2019
You can find the document of the Supported Platforms here: https://support.360suite.io/download/file/244
Version 2020.02 brings a host of new features including more tasks that can now be scheduled, new features in 360Bind, and 360Eyes compatibility with BI 4.2 SP08.
360 Web Platform Updates
Several updates have been made to the Web Platform including the ability to schedule Task import for all modules and Purge Folders as Administration Tasks. Discover the full details below:
- The application is now shipped with Apache Tomcat 9.0.33 which contains a patch that fixes reported Apache Tomcat 9.x vulnerabilities.
- Updated databases support: we’re now supporting the latest versions of the different databases available for the application, please check the Product Availability Matrix.
- Task import for all modules of the Web Platform is now available as a scheduled Administration Task.
- This feature will allow you to import a zip archive of a set of tasks generated with the “Task Export” feature. The CMS or user used in the imported tasks can optionally be changed. This is a feature if you wish to transfer existing tasks from one Web Platform to another.
Several updates have been made to 360Bind and each video will demonstrate in detail the new updates.
- Excel documentation of the comparisons: summary and metrics
- Excel documentation of the export and comparison tasks
- Clean 360Bind categories administration action
- Self-service mode for the comparison results display
360Eyes is now compatible with SAP BI4.2 SP8 — a new installation of 360Eyes needs to be performed.
The first release of 360Bind in the web platform was available in last quarter’s release but it could only do web intelligence. The second release of 360Bind (v2) includes the following features:
- Excel support (export and Excel comparison) for:
- Analysis for Office
- Crystal Reports
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise
- Web Intelligence
- Security on the 360Bind menu (limit access to certain users)
- Custom document binding to compare documents that have a different name or CUID
- Bulk create 360Bind projects from Excel
- Live report comparison
- Better performance when exporting 360Bind tasks
- Server group selection
- Ability to re-use existing instances in the export tasks
Following feedback from our customers, promotion results are now available in CSV format in 360Plus, so that you can carry out any reporting analyses as you like.
Since the last update release in 360View, we now have near 100% parity between v1 and v2. One aspect that was missing from v1 was the ability to do a complete update of recurring instances — this is now available in this new release by using our bulk update with excel spreadsheet.
2020 will see us re-working our core-engine. The extractor engine works well for the majority of you but if you have hundreds of thousands of reports and instances, sometimes it can take a little longer than hoped for — this is one aspect we are working hard on to improve.
In this update, you now have the ability to extract the derived table metadata extraction information.
This year, 360Suite plans to finalize the comparison documentation to 360Bind v2. The biggest update coming up is the move of 360Cast to the “web platform” — this will be the first release and we hope we will have all our customers on the “web platform” by the end of 2020.
With regard to 360Eyes, this year’s updates will include refactoring some parts of the extraction engine to modernize the solution and adding a self-service piece to the platform to help users better access their required information.
Staying Ahead Of The Game
With 360Suite, there’s no need to wonder when it’s time for an upgrade. Quarterly releases take the guesswork out of the process and make it easy to remember to install the latest and greatest version of 360Suite on your system. Upgrading is quick and easy! Just visit our support site, download the latest install file, and run the executable (.exe), which will detect that you have the software and need the update. In the case of 360Eyes, you’ll also need to import the .lcmbiar file for the latest jobs and Universes. If you haven’t already moved from the legacy app to the web platform, now’s the time to do so, even if at the moment you need to retain the legacy app to run 360Cast. Side-by-side installations take just a little longer because they require a fresh installation and an extra step to manually recreate tasks in v2.
For a demo, free trial, help upgrading, or more information about 360Suite updates, send us an email at Contact@360suite.io.
Watch the complete webinar for more information about the latest release of 360Suite.